Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Idea

I think I might try to get a grant from the Honors College here at BSU so I can do the following experimental game. If anybody knows what this game is called so I can look up info on it I will give them a beer (if they come to Muncie).

The game goes like this: Player A can either give Player B a dollar or not play. If he gives the dollar, Player B gets five dollars (the other four are why I need to grant). Player B can then give Player A as much of this back as he wants. Then the game is played the other way. Variations could be considered, like letting Player A buy insurance for a quarter or something.

Anyway, if you know the name of this game so I can start researching, tell me and you get a beer... if you come to Muncie to get it. Or just give me the name of the game for free if you can't come to Muncie and I will drink a beer in your honor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called a trust game and it's used quite frequently in experimental economics. Reference a paper done by Eckel and Grossman on Beauty in ultimatum and trust games. I'm a grad student in Virginia so I'm guessing you won't be buying me a beer anytime soon.
Adam

December 8, 2004 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 4, 2005 at 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home