Monday, November 22, 2004

Update-O-Rama

1. My differential equations professor says something really funny. Whenever he is saying that a function exists on some interval, he says, "This thing lives on some interval." I imagine a function kicking back, smoking a pipe, a little function dog at his foot...

2. I really need to better motivate myself when it comes to my macro independent study. I like dynamic programming, but really just the theory and math stuff. Also, I am playing around with simple two period maximization problems for a lecture I have to give to the prof and I'm trying to get at what would happen if the social security tax was replaced with a mandatory savings...

3. This weekend was beer-ific. I tried Oak Aged Arrogant Bastard- ultra-grapefruit bitterness, kind of smoked tasting, a bit of woodiness coming through, much better than the non Oak Aged version.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Silvey said...

When I lived in San Diego I used to drink Arrogant Bastard Ale all the time...good stuff! I have a sticker on the back of my cell phone by them that reads..."Fizzy yellow beer is for wussies"! Couldn't say it better myself.

November 23, 2004 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Chris-

You should try some Ommegang up there in New York. It is made in Cooperstown (I think). While it is completely different from Arrogant Bastard, the Hennepin brand that they make is awesome. You should also see if you can't pick up some Dogfish Head. They're based in Delaware and their 60 and 90 Minute IPAs are awesome.

November 23, 2004 at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home