Tuesday, December 13, 2005

First Two Apps Away

I sent in the applications for UCLA and Michigan today. At this point, I really have no ability to assess my chances of getting in to either of them... or anywhere, really. I bounce from being hopeful that I'll get in to a couple of top 20 schools to doubting that I will get in to a the masters program I have chosen as my back-up. Other than that, only one more semester of undergrad... so at least I have that to cheer me up!

Anyways, check out this link, it is great. I first saw it more than a year ago, but I still feel good whenever I look at it:

www.stfd.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam M Osman said...

Nice. UCLA and Mich. Would you actually go to UCLA? You know they don't have any snow right? Personally thats a big plus, but for you mid-werstern folk...

How many schools did you decide to apply to? Are we going to be seeing a big list or are we going to have to be content with the small bits you will be throwing at us aas you complete them?

Good luck anyways!

And I looked at that website quickly. I am thoroughly confused.

December 13, 2005 at 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huzzah! ...or something like that. Here's to getting a few apps off. I sent in my UMich and UCLA apps Tuesday as well - in addition with a few other Dec. 15th apps. Talk about poor deadline timing. Columbia even pushed their's back to the 19th.

I'm also with you on the anxiety and confusion sort of thing. Unlike you, and perhaps quite stupidly on my part, I didn't really apply to any backup/safety schools. Let's see, just how risk averse am I...?

December 15, 2005 at 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home