Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Update

Been a while since I posted! Between my most recent PDE assignment (20 hrs work and counting!) and being sick, I have not had a great week. Anyways, some updates:

1. Got De la Fuente. Haven't had a chance to read much yet, but hopefully the dynamic programming section clears up some confusion...

2. Probably going to give an undergraduate lecture on dynamic programming in the math department either this semester or in the fall. Only problem: it is supposed to have an original element, and I don't have the expertise to do that quite yet.

3. My math prof. asked me to write a math article for the school math magazine... and to be the editor for next year. This means I have to learn tEx in the next two weeks or so. For the article, I was thinking of doing an overview of consumer choice theory (quick one) and then introducing this (very primitive) idea I've been working on that I like to call "celebrity" effects. It is pretty much like network effects, but the consumption of one person enters into the utility functions of the other people, while theirs do not enter into the original person. Anyway, I have to iron it out... may not work... I'll post it if it gets done.

4. I need to talk to profs about getting recommendation letters. Does anybody have advice on this: I have two econ profs, maybe three, that could give me good letters. Should I go all econ prof, or would it be good to get a math prof too? So, two econ profs, one math. After this semester, I could possibly even get two math profs.

5. Finally, does anybody know of a solution manual to Rosenlicht's analysis book? The book is Introduction to Analysis. It is a Dover book... so I may be out of luck on the manual.

6. I went to Bell's Brewery this weekend. If anybody is in Kalamazoo, drop by this place. Some of the best beer in the midwest, reasonable prices, free samples, and one hell of an atmosphere. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone would know where the solutions manual is it would be this guy

http://www.econgrads.com/fall2004/#Solutions

Chris Silvey

March 3, 2005 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home