Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Grocery Store Misadventures

It is surprising how minor things become very difficult without a car. Yesterday I decided to get some groceries, so I found a Cub Foods about a mile from my apartment. I walked to the store (beautiful day here), and bought a load of groceries (5 bags and a gallon of milk). I figured that this amount of baggage was doable on the bus, if I got off at the exact stop. Well, to cut it short (class starts in ten), I got off waaay to early, and because of the bus route, ended up walking more than the original mile. It took about 3 hours to get groceries in the end, and my arms got a better workout than I can ever remember. Moral: I need a car.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam M Osman said...

My brother had the same problem whenhe moved to DC. Just wait until when you have to do that in the winter...

:-D

August 8, 2006 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Adam M Osman said...

I still check all the time BTW! Lets get an update.

October 6, 2006 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger Abdullah Al-Bahrani said...

I do too!

October 8, 2006 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home