Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Orange Juice

Ok, I may have talked about this before, but why does orange juice still come in paper cartons with the screw cap on them? I mean, the original purpose of the carton was obviously that it could be opened and resealed, now with the screw cap, the paper carton is obsolete. And juice has been sold in the plastic cartons for years, so it isn't that the alternative technology isn't there. I have some possible explanations:

I. Some people would be confused if the orange juice was no longer in the paper carton. These people would likely have been weeded out by natural selection by now.

II. The carton has an aesthetic quality that people like. Nostalgia maybe.

III. The carton imparts an added flavor that is part of the orange juice for those who are used to it.

Ok, I really feel like I have talked about this before. I know I have talked to my girlfriend about it... lucky girl, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home