Saturday, October 16, 2004

Beer

While this is supposed to be an economics blog, I thought I would praise glorious beer as well. Drank a pint of Young's Oatmeal Stout last night, which even next to the incredible microbrews of the midwest (www.bellsbeer.com www.3floyds.com www.gooseisland.com) is still one hell of a brew.

I just sampled a Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. Though I don't care for the style much, this one was tasty with lots of spiciness... allspice is what the bottle says, but comes off like cinnamon to me. Good stuff.

Also, I'll be brewing my 3rd batch of homebrew next week after I put the GRE behind me. I'm thinking a X-Mas Stout... cinnamon, orange peel, and ginger perhaps... not sure yet. Still have to study for the GRE. And diff eqs homework... beer must now take a back seat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home